After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Differentiate between the various cloud service models.
- Identify the key differences between Microsoft 365 and Office 365.
- Plan for migration to Microsoft 365 services.
- Identify key differences between Microsoft on-premises services and Microsoft 365 cloud services.
- Define enterprise mobility in Microsoft 365.
- Identify how Microsoft 365 services support teamwork.
- Describe identities, including cloud, on-premises, and hybrid identity.
- Describe cloud device management and protection, including the use of Intune.
- Describe data protection, including the use of Azure Information Protection.
- Describe compliance in general and the compliance features in Microsoft 365.
- Describe Microsoft 365 subscriptions, licenses, billing, and support
This course prepares for the Microsoft exam MS-900.
Module 1: Cloud ConceptsLessons
- Principles of cloud computing
- Microsoft cloud services
- Migrating to cloud services
Lab : Cloud Fundamentals
- Exercise 1: Determine the appropriate cloud model (paper-based lab)
Module 2: Core Microsoft 365 ServicesLessons
- Microsoft 365 core services
- Microsoft on-premise services and cloud services in Microsoft 365
- Unified endpoint management in Microsoft 365
- Teamwork in Microsoft 365
Lab : Enabling and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 1: Activating and configuring a Microsoft 365 tenant
- Exercise 2: Exploring the Microsoft 365 user and admin portal
- Exercise 3: Configuring new user and group accounts
Module 3: Security, Compliance, Privacy and Trust in Microsoft 365Lessons
- Organizational Security Fundamentals
- Security features in Microsoft 365
- Identity and Access Management
- Device and data protection in Microsoft 365
- Compliance in Microsoft 365
Lab : Security in Microsoft 365
- Exercise1: Managing users and devices in Azure Active Directory
- Exercise2: Evaluate Identity Protection
- Exercise3: Explore tools for compliance
Module 4: Microsoft 365 pricing and supportLessons
- Microsoft 365 Subscriptions, licenses, and billing
- Support in Microsoft 365
Lab : Managing subscriptions, licensing and support in M365
- Exercise 1: Explore interfaces for billing and subscriptions
- Exercise 2: Add trial licenses to the tenant
- Exercise 3: Review support options
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization, or who are simply looking to acquire foundational knowledge on cloud fundamentals. This includes the considerations and benefits of adopting cloud services in general and the Software as a Service (SaaS) cloud model specifically, with a general focus on Microsoft 365 cloud service offerings.
This course is designed for IT Professionals who aspire to deploy and manage cloud services in their organization. Students should have the following background:
· General IT knowledge or any general experience working in an IT environment
· General (sales level) experience on corresponding Microsoft on-premises products, such as Exchange Server, SharePoint, Office Professional, AD RMS and others
· Experience addressing business/legal/security requirements for IT