After successfully completing the course and passing the exam, delegates should be able to:
• Manage a testing project by implementing the mission, goals and testing processes established for the testing organization.
• Organize and lead risk identification and risk analysis sessions and use the results of such sessions for test estimation, planning, monitoring and control.
• Create and implement test plans consistent with organizational policies and test strategies.
• Continuously monitor and control the test activities to achieve project objectives.
• Assess and report relevant and timely test status to project stakeholders.
• Identify skills and resource gaps in their test team and participate in sourcing adequate resources.
• Identify and plan necessary skills development within their test team.
• Propose a business case for test activities which outlines the costs and benefits expected.
• Ensure proper communication within the test team and with other project stakeholders.
Participate in and lead test process improvement initiatives.
• Basic aspects of software testing
• Test management
• Test management issues
• Incident management
• Test process improvement
• People skills
This Advanced Level qualification is appropriate for anyone who wants a deeper understanding of software testing, such as project managers, quality managers, software development managers, business analysts and management consultants.
Participants must hold the ISTQB Foundation certificate. It is also recommended that candidates holding a baccalaureate or equivalent degree in software engineering have a minimum of 3 years testing experience, or 5 years otherwise.