Red Hat Decision Manager is an open source business automation platform for business rules management that facilitates business policy and rules development, access, and management. Decision Manager includes a fast and highly efficient rules engine and easy-to-use rules development tools and management system. In this course, you will learn how to author, test, and debug business rules, how to generate rule packages, and how Decision Manager’s runtime environment executes rules using both drools and Decision Model Notation (DMN). This course is based on Red Hat Decision Manager 7.9.
AD364 – Developing Application Business Rules with Red Hat Decision Manager
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for application developers and business rules developers.
There are no prerequisites for this course. Java SE and Java EE experience is helpful.
- Introduction to Red Hat Decision Manager
- Describe foundational concepts of business automation and Red Hat Decision Manager
- Authoring Basic Rules in Business Central
- Create and test basic rules using Business Central
- Authoring Rules with DRL
- Create DRL rules using advanced conditions and field constraints in Decision Central
- Integrating Decision Manager Applications
- Integrate Decision Manager applications with other applications using the Rest API and the Java API Client code
- Implementing Best Practices for DRL
- Identify advanced conflict resolution and implementing best practices for DRL rules
- Implementing Decisions with DMN
- Describe and use DMN to implement decisions in Red Hat Decision Manager
- Defining Rules for Complex Event Processing
- Describe and use complex event processing (CEP) with rules