In this workshop, you will gain a better understanding on the steps involved in modernizing legacy on-premises applications and infrastructure by leveraging cloud services, while adding a mix of web and mobile services, all secured using Azure Active Directory.
Course 40512G: Microsoft Cloud Workshop: App Modernization
Who should attend this course?
This workshop is intended for Cloud Architects and IT professionals who have architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design in cloud technologies and want to learn more about App Modernisation
Workshop content presumes 300-level of architectural expertise of infrastructure and solutions design. We suggest students take this prerequisite prior to attending this workshop.
At the end of this workshop, you will be better able to design a modernization plan for organizations looking to move services from on-premises to the cloud.
Module 1: Whiteboard Design Session – App modernizationLesson
- Review the customer case study
- Design a proof of concept solution
- Present the solution
Module 2: Hands-on Lab – App modernizationLesson
- Migrate the database to Azure SQL Database
- Provision App Services
- Identity and security
- Upload PDFs to blob storage
- Create serverless API for accessing PDFs
- Create an Azure Search service
- Configure Key Vault
- Configure and deploy the Contoso Insurance Web API
- Configure and deploy the Contoso Insurance web app
- Configure and run the legacy desktop (Windows Forms) application
- Configure and run the mobile application
- Create a Flow app to send push notifications
- Create an app in PowerApps
- Add Azure Function to Azure API Management
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.