In this cyber security course, you will learn the following: protocol analysis & threat detection, operating system analysis & threat detection, Open Source Intelligence and so much more…
Cyber Security Awareness for IT-Staff
Who should attend this course?
All IT professionals that take data security to heart
Function as part of an IT Team
- You will be more aware of your vulnerability through interactive demonstrations
- You will have learned how to better protect your data (transfer & storage)
- You will be able to identify phishing scams and other threats
- You will have learned how to take the necessary caution when opening links or documents
- You will be permanently suspicious about what you read or hear
- You will know how to implement webbrowser extentions and other tools for a better protection
- You will have reviewed and restricted your privacy settings in your applications
- You will know how to manage your passwords in an easy and secured way
- You will intuitively adopt other good practices
Evidence of our vulnerability
- Terminology of threats and recent related events
- Round of questions: who among us has been a victim?
- Data exchange
- Data storage
- Dangerous (links to) websites
- Dangerous files
- Dangerous messages (e-mail, sms, whatsapp, …)
- Suspicious human contacts (phone or physical)
Protecting your Internet activity
- Social media
- Other best practices
- Is it really that bad?
- Q & A
- Evaluation and feedback
In order to participate to our quizzes, votes and surveys during the course:
- Keep your smartphone closely at hand
- Make sure you have an internet connection!