Introduction to Containers, Kubernetes, and Red Hat® OpenShift (DO180) introduces building and managing Docker containers for deployment on a Kubernetes cluster. This course helps students build core knowledge and skills in managing containers through hands-on experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform. This course is based on Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform 3.5 and Red Hat Enterprise Linux® 7.
DO181 – Red Hat OpenShift I: Containers & Kubernetes with exam
Who should attend this course?
- Developers who wish to containerize software applications
- Administrators who are new to container technology and container orchestration
- Architects who are considering using container technologies in software architectures
- Site reliability engineers who are considering using Kubernetes and Red Hat OpenShift
- Be able to use a Linux terminal session, issue operating system commands, and be familiar with shell scripting
- Being a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA®) is recommended, but not required
- Have experience with web application architectures and their corresponding technologies
- Container and OpenShift Architecture
- Creating Containerized Services
- Managing Containers and Container Images
- Creating Custom Container Images
- Deploying Containerized Applications on OpenShift
- Deploying Multi-Container Applications
Introducing Container Technology
Describe how software can run in containers orchestrated by the OpenShift Container Platform.
Creating Containerized Services
Provision a service using container technology.
Modify pre-build container images to create and manage containerized services.
Managing Container Images
Manage the life cycle of a container image from creation to deletion.
Creating Custom Container Images
Design and code a Containerfile to build a custom container image.
Deploying Containerized Applications on OpenShift
Deploy single container applications on OpenShift Container Platform.
Deploying Multi-Container Applications
Deploy applications that are containerized using multiple container images.
Troubleshooting Containerized Applications
Troubleshoot a containerized application deployed on OpenShift.
Comprehensive Review of Introduction to Container, Kubernetes, and Red Hat OpenShift
Demonstrate how to containerize a software application, test it with Podman, and deploy it on an OpenShift cluster.
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.