Red Hat Openshift Migration Lab is designed for OpenShift professionals migrating workloads from legacy deployments of OpenShift Container Platform running 3.11 onto a 4.6 installation. Students will gain practical working experience with the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC) to leverage in real-world migration scenarios.
DO326 – Red Hat OpenShift Migration Lab
Who should attend this course?
Red Hat consultants and partners responsible for customer success and who want to migrate from OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4. OpenShift professionals responsible for the transition of workloads onto OpenShift 4.
Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills. Red Hat OpenShift Administration II: Operating a Production Kubernetes Cluster (DO280) is highly recommended in order to be successful in this course. Red Hat OpenShift Installation Lab (DO322) is suggested.
- Assessing OpenShift 3 to OpenShift 4 migration scenarios.
- Discussion of OpenShift 4 minor version migration scenarios.
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers.
- Migrating Persistent Volumes application data between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating application images from the internal registry between OpenShift clusters.
- Moving Kubernetes manifests application resources between OpenShift clusters.
- Migrating Kubernetes cluster settings between OpenShift clusters
- Planning an OpenShift 3 to 4 migration
- Preparing the target cluster for migration
- Deploying the Migration Toolkit for Containers (MTC)
- Migrating applications using the MTC
- Mapping application dependencies and dandling migration issues
- Automating application migrations using the MTC API and Ansible
- Reducing downtime during a migration process
- Red Hat OpenShift 3 to 4 migration lab comprehensive review