In this 2-day class, you will learn the fundamentals of using FortiManager for centralized network administration of many FortiGate devices. Example use cases include large enterprise and carrier networks. You will explore various deployment strategies which include single or multiple ADOMs, policy packages, shared objects, & provisioning FortiManager as a local FortiGuard Distribution Server for your managed firewalls.
FortiManager NSE 5 – Fortinet Centralized Device Management
Who should attend this course?
Anyone who is responsible for day-to-day management of many FortiGate devices via the FortiManager platform.
- Knowledge of firewalling concepts in an IPv4 network
- Familiarity with all topics in FortiGate I and FortiGate II
- Basic understanding of network management systems
- System Requirements
After completing these modules, you will be able to:
- Describe capabilities of FortiManager
- Add FortiGate devices to Device Manager and import their running configuration
- Use provisioning templates and scripts for device–level changes across many devices
- Identify the synchronization states
- Manage the revision history of managed devices
- Offer a local FortiGuard Distribution Server to your Fortinet devices
- Deploy administrative domains (ADOMs) to support multiple customers on a single FortiManager
- Manage firewall policies across multiple FortiGate devices using policy packages with shared and dynamic objects
- Deploy policies and objects from the global ADOM to multiple ADOMs
- Explain high availability, backup, and recovery options for FortiManager
- Compare methods for centrally managing IPsec VPNs
- Explain the restricted “admin” profile and API high–level usage
- Use workspaces and workflow mode
- Identify steps to replace a managed FortiGate device
- Manage FortiGate devices’ firmware centrally
- Introduction to FortiManager
- System Settings
- Device Manager
- Policy & Objects
- Additional System Operations
€1395,00 + 3% VAT
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.