The Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE) v3.0 course shows you how to deploy and use Cisco® Identity Services Engine (ISE) v2.4, an identity and access control policy platform that simplifies the delivery of consistent, highly secure access control across wired, wireless, and VPN connections. This hands-on course provides you with the knowledge and skills to implement and use Cisco ISE, including policy enforcement, profiling services, web authentication and guest access services, BYOD, endpoint compliance services, and TACACS+ device administration.
Implementing and Configuring Cisco Identity Services Engine (SISE)
Who should attend this course?
Network security engineers, ISE administrators, Wireless network security engineers, Cisco integrators and partners
It is recommended, but not required, to have the following skills and knowledge before attending this course:
- Familiarity with the Cisco IOS® Software command-line interface (CLI)
- Familiarity with Cisco AnyConnect® Secure Mobility Client
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows operating systems
- Familiarity with 802.1X
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe Cisco ISE deployments, including core deployment components and how they interact to create a cohesive security architecture. Describe the advantages of such a deployment and how each Cisco ISE capability contributes to these advantages.
- Describe concepts and configure components related to 802.1X and MAC Authentication Bypass (MAB) authentication, identity management, and certificate services.
- Describe how Cisco ISE policy sets are used to implement authentication and authorization, and how to leverage this capability to meet the needs of your organization.
- Describe third-party network access devices (NADs), Cisco TrustSec®, and Easy Connect.
- Describe and configure web authentication, processes, operation, and guest services, including guest access components and various guest access scenarios.
- Describe and configure Cisco ISE profiling services, and understand how to monitor these services to enhance your situational awareness about network-connected endpoints. Describe best practices for deploying this profiler service in your specific environment.
- Describe BYOD challenges, solutions, processes, and portals. Configure a BYOD solution, and describe the relationship between BYOD processes and their related configuration components. Describe and configure various certificates related to a BYOD solution.
- Describe the value of the My Devices portal and how to configure this portal.
- Describe endpoint compliance, compliance components, posture agents, posture deployment and licensing, and the posture service in Cisco ISE.
- Describe and configure TACACS+ device administration using Cisco ISE, including command sets, profiles, and policy sets. Understand the role of TACACS+ within the authentication, authentication, and accounting (AAA) framework and the differences between the RADIUS and TACACS+ protocols.
- Migrate TACACS+ functionality from Cisco Secure Access Control System (ACS) to Cisco ISE, using a migration tool.
Section 1: Introducing Cisco ISE Architecture and Deployment
- Using Cisco ISE as a Network Access Policy Engine
- Cisco ISE Use Cases
- Describing Cisco ISE Functions
- Cisco ISE Deployment Models
- Context Visibility
- Discovery 1: Access the SISE Lab and Install ISE 2.4
- Discovery 2: Configure Initial Cisco ISE Setup, GUI Familiarization, and System Certificate Usage
Section 2: Cisco ISE Policy Enforcement
- Using 802.1X for Wired and Wireless Access
- Using MAC Authentication Bypass for Wired and Wireless Access
- Introducing Identity Management
- Configuring Certificate Services
- Discovery 3: Integrate Cisco ISE with Active Directory
- Introducing Cisco ISE Policy
- Discovery 4: Configure Cisco ISE Policy
- Implementing Third-Party Network Access Device Support
- Introducing Cisco TrustSec
- TrustSec Configuration
- Easy Connect
- Discovery 5: Configure Access Policy for Easy Connect
Section 3: Web Auth and Guest Services
- Introducing Web Access with Cisco ISE
- Introducing Guest Access Components
- Configuring Guest Access Settings
- Discovery 6: Configure Guest Access
- Configure Sponsor and Guest Portals
- Discovery 7: Configure Guest Access Operations
- Discovery 8: Create Guest Reports
Section 4: Cisco ISE Profiler
- Introducing Cisco ISE Profiler
- Profiling Deployment and Best Practices
- Discovery 9: Configure Profiling
- Discovery 10: Customize the Cisco ISE Profiling Configuration
- Discovery 11: Create Cisco ISE Profiling Reports
Section 5: Cisco ISE BYOD
- Introducing the Cisco ISE BYOD Process
- Describing BYOD Flow
- Configuring the My Devices Portal
- Configuring Certificates in BYOD Scenarios
- Discovery 12: Configure BYOD
- Discovery 13: Blacklisting a Device
Section 6: Cisco ISE Endpoint Compliance Services
- Introducing Endpoint Compliance Services
- Discovery 14: Configure Cisco ISE Compliance Services
- Configuring Client Posture Services and Provisioning
- Discovery 15: Configure Client Provisioning
- Discovery 16: Configure Posture Policies
- Discovery 17: Test and Monitor Compliance Based Access
- Discovery 18: Test Compliance Policy
Section 7: Working with Network Access Devices
- Review AAA
- Cisco ISE TACACS+ Device Administration
- Configure TACACS+ Device Administration
- TACACS+ Device Administration Guidelines and Best Practices
- Migrating from Cisco ACS to Cisco ISE
- Discovery 19: Configure Cisco ISE for Basic Device Administration
- Discovery 20: Configure TACACS+ Command Authorization
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.