Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages. This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite 6. It also includes the Red Hat Certified Specialist in Deployment and Systems Management exam (EX403) based on Red Hat Satellite 6
RH404 – Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration with exam
Who should attend this course?
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
Be a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE®) or demonstrate equivalent experience. Have experience with Red Hat Satellite 6
Course content summary
- Verify a Red Hat Satellite 6.6 installation.
- Regulate Red Hat Satellite with organizations, locations, users, and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Ansible playbooks and roles.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
- Plan and deploy Red Hat Satellite
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, then perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite servers.
- Manage software life cycles
- Create and manage Red Hat software deployment life cycle environments.
- Register hosts
- Register and configure your Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems to use Red Hat Satellite, then organize those systems into groups for easier management.
- Deploy software to hosts
- Manage software deployment to registered hosts of your Red Hat Satellite infrastructure and practice managing environment paths, life cycle environments, and content views.
- Deploy custom software
- Create, manage, and deploy custom software products and repositories.
- Deploy Satellite capsule servers
- Perform installation and initial configuration of Red Hat Satellite capsule servers as components of a deployment plan.
- Run remote execution commands
- Configure the ability to run ad hoc and scheduled tasks on managed hosts using a variety of configuration management tools.
- Provision hosts
- Configure Satellite server for host deployment and perform host provisioning.
- Manage Red Hat Satellite using the API
- Integrate Red Hat Satellite functionality with custom scripts or external applications that access the API over HTTP.
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment on a cloud platform
- Plan a Red Hat Satellite deployment, installation, and initial configuration on a cloud platform.
- Perform Red Hat Satellite server maintenance
- Manage Red Hat Satellite for security, recoverability, and growth.
- Comprehensive review
- Install and configure Red Hat Satellite Server, then provision content hosts.