The purpose of certification for ArchiMate 3 Practitioner is to provide validation that the Candidate has gained knowledge of the notation, terminology, structure, and concepts of the ArchiMate modeling language, and has the capability to use the ArchiMate language for modeling. The learning objectives at this level focus on knowledge, comprehension, including advanced concepts, and the ability to apply the ArchiMate modeling language.
ArchiMate 3 Practitioner
Who should attend this course?
This training is aimed at people who want to know what ArchiMate is, or who want to use ArchiMate. This includes (but is not limited to) business-, enterprise- and IT-architects, IT-managers, consultants and project managers.
- Individuals who require a basic understanding of the ArchiMate modeling language
- Professionals who are working in roles associated with an architecture project and who need to understand architecture artifacts developed using the ArchiMate modeling language
- Individuals who want to achieve a recognized qualification to demonstrate their knowledge of the ArchiMate modeling language
ArchiMate 3 Foundation is recommended
The ArchiMate® 3 Enterprise Architecture modeling language provides a uniform representation for diagrams that describe Enterprise Architectures. It includes concepts for specifying inter-related architectures, specifying viewpoints for selected stakeholders, and language customization mechanisms. It describes and brings different architecture domains and their underlying relations and dependencies to visualization.
This intensive course covers the entire syllabus for the ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner (Level 2), thereby preparing candidates for the ArchiMate® 3 Practitioner (Level 2) examination.
- Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Module 2: Certification Program
- Module 3: Basic Concepts of EA and ArchiMate
- Module 4: Language Structure
- Module 5: ArchiMate Generci Metamodel
- Module 6: ArchiMate Relationships
- Module 7: Motivation and Strategy elements
- Module 8: The Business Layer
- Module 9: The Application Layer
- Module 10: The Technology Layer
- Module 11: Physical Elements
- Module 12: Cross-layer Dependencies
- Module 13: Implementation and Migration Elements
- Module 14: Stakeholders, Vuews and viewpoints
- Module 15: Language Customization
- Module 16: Cross-layer Dependencies
On completion of the course, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of:
- Principles underlying the ArchiMate® 3 modeling language
- How to apply ArchiMate® 3 concepts in your models
- How to develop ArchiMate® 3 models for your enterprise architecture
- This is a multiple-choice exam consisting of 8 questions
- There is a time limit of 90 minutes to complete the exam
- Each correct answer scores five points
- Each second-best answer scores three points
- Each third-best answer scores one point
- Each ‘distractor’ answer (incorrect) scores no points
- The pass-rate for the exam is 70%: you must get 28 out of 40 questions correct
- The exam is OPEN book