This three-day instructor-led class introduces participants to the comprehensive and flexible infrastructure and platform services provided by Google Cloud Platform, with a focus on Compute Engine. Through a combination of presentations, demos, and hands-on labs, participants explore and deploy solution elements, including infrastructure components such as networks, systems, and application services. This course also covers deploying practical solutions including securely interconnecting networks, customer-supplied encryption keys, security and access management, quotas and billing, and resource monitoring.
Architecting with Google Compute Engine
Who should attend this course?
- Cloud Solutions Architects, DevOps Engineers.
- Individuals using Google Cloud Platform to create new solutions or to integrate existing systems, application environments, and infrastructure with a focus on Google Compute Engine
- Completion of Google Cloud Platform Fundamentals or equivalent experience
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
- Systems operations experience, including deploying and managing applications, either on-premises or in a public cloud environment.
Consider the entire range of Google Cloud Platform technologies in their plans Learn methods to develop, implement, and deploy solutions Distinguish between features of similar or related products and technologies Recognize a wide variety of solution domains, use cases, and applications Develop essential skills for managing and administering solutions Develop knowledge of solution patterns, methods, technologies, and designs that are used to implement security, scalability, high availability, and other desired qualities.
Module 1: Introduction to Google Cloud Platform
- Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Infrastructure
- Using GCP
Module 2: Virtual Networks
- Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), Projects, Networks, Subnetworks, IP addresses, Routes, Firewall rules
- Subnetworks for resource management instead of physical network topology
Module 3: Virtual Machines
- Compute Engine
- Compute options (vCPU and Memory)
- Common Compute Engine actions
Module 4: Cloud IAM
- Organizations, Roles, Members, Service accounts, Cloud IAM best practices
Module 5: Data Storage Services
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud SQL
- Cloud Spanner, Cloud Datastore
- Cloud Bigtable
Module 6: Resource Management
- Cloud Resource Manager, Quotas, Labels, Names, Billing
Module 7: Resource Monitoring
- Stackdriver, Monitoring
- Logging, Error Reporting, Tracing, Debugging
Module 8: Interconnecting Networks
- Cloud Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Cloud Router, Cloud Interconnect, External Peering, Cloud DNS
Module 9: Load Balancing
- Managed Instance Groups, HTTPS load balancing, Cross-region and content-based load balancing, SSL proxy/TCP proxy load balancing, Network load balancing
Module 10: Autoscaling
- Autoscaling, Policies, Configuration
Module 11: Infrastructure Automation with Google Cloud Platform APIs
- Infrastructure automation, Images, Metadata, Scripts, Google Cloud API
Module 12: Infrastructure Automation with Deployment Manager
- Deployment Manager, Configuration, Cloud Launcher
Module 13: Managed Services
- Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Dataflow, BigQuery, Cloud Datalab
Module 14: Application Infrastructure Services
- Cloud Pub/Sub, API Management, Cloud Functions, Cloud Source Repositories, Specialty APIs
Module 15: Application Development Services
- App Engine
Module 16: Containers
- Containers, Kubernetes Engine, Container Registry
- Kubernetes Engine, App Engine, or Containers on Compute Engine?
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.