This course provides students with the fundamental knowledge and skills to use PowerShell for administering and automating administration of Windows servers. This course provides students the skills to identify and build the command they require to perform a specific task. In addition, students learn how to build scripts to accomplish advanced tasks such as automating repetitive tasks and generating reports.
AZ-040: Automating Administration with Powershell
Who should attend this course?
his course is intended for IT Professionals who are already experienced in general Windows Server, Windows client, Azure, and Microsoft 365 administration, and who want to learn more about using Windows PowerShell for administration. No prior experience with any version of PowerShell or any scripting language is assumed.
Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation. Experience with Windows Server administration, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Describe the functionality of Windows PowerShell and use it to run and find basic commands.
- Identify and run cmdlets for local system administration.
- Work with the Windows PowerShell pipeline.
- Use PSProviders and PSDrives to work with other forms of storage.
- Query system information by using WMI and CIM.
- Work with variables, arrays, and hash tables.
- Create basic scripts in Windows PowerShell.
- Administer remote computers with Windows PowerShell.
- Manage Azure resources with PowerShell.
- Manage Microsoft 365 services with PowerShell.
- Use background jobs and scheduled jobs.
Module 1: Create Azure App Service web apps
Learn how Azure App Service functions and how to create and update an app. Explore App Service authentication and authorization, configuring app settings, scale apps, and how to use deployment slots.
- Explore Azure App Service
- Configure web app settings
- Scale apps in Azure App Service
- Explore Azure App Service deployment slots
Module 2: Implement Azure functions
Learn how to create and deploy Azure Functions. Explore hosting options, bindings, triggers, and how to use Durable Functions to define stateful workflows.
- Explore Azure Functions
- Develop Azure Functions
- Implement Durable Functions
Module 3: Develop solutions that use Blob storage
Learn how to create Azure Blob storage resources, manage data through the blob storage lifecycle, and work with containers and items by using the Azure Blob storage client library V12 for .NET.
- Explore Azure Blob storage
- Manage the Azure Blob storage lifecycle
- Work with Azure Blob storage
Module 4: Develop solutions that use Azure Cosmos DB
Learn how to create Azure Cosmos DB resources with the appropriate consistency levels, choose and create a partition key, and perform data operations by using the .NET SDK V3 for Azure Cosmos DB.
- Explore Azure Cosmos DB
- Implement partitioning in Azure Cosmos DB
- Work with Azure Cosmos DB
Module 5: Implement infrastructure as a service solutions
Learn how to create and deploy virtual machine, deploy resources using Azure Resource Manager templates, and manage and deploy containers.
- Provision virtual machines in Azure
- Create and deploy Azure Resource Manager templates
- Manage container images in Azure Container Registry
- Run container images in Azure Container Instances
Module 6: Implement user authentication and authorization
Learn how to implement authentication and authorization to resources by using the Microsoft identity platform, Microsoft Authentication Library, shared access signatures, and use Microsoft Graph.
- Explore the Microsoft identity platform
- Implement authentication by using the Microsoft Authentication Library
- Implement shared access signatures
- Explore Microsoft Graph
Module 7: Implement secure cloud solutions
Learn how to more securely deploy apps in Azure by using Azure Key Vault, managed identities, and Azure App Configuration.
- Implement Azure Key Vault
- Implement managed identities
- Implement Azure App Configuration
Module 8: Implement API Management
Learn how the API Management service functions, how to transform and secure APIs, and how to create a backend API.
- Explore API Management
Module 9: Develop event-based solutions
Learn how to build applications with event-based architectures by integrating Azure Event Grid and Azure Event Hubs in to your solution.
- Explore Azure Event Grid
- Explore Azure Event Hubs
Module 10: Develop message-based solutions
Learn how to build applications with message-based architectures by integrating Azure Service Bus and Azure Queue Storage in to your solution.
- Discover Azure message queues
Module 11: Instrument solutions to support monitoring and logging
Learn how to instrument apps to enable Application Insights to monitor performance and help troubleshoot issues.Lesson
- Monitor app performance
Module 12: Integrate caching and content delivery within solutions
Learn how to improve the performance and scalability of your applications by integrating Azure Cache for Redis and Azure Content Delivery Network in to your solution.
- Develop for Azure Cache for Redis
- Develop for storage on CDNs
Book your training
Enter your information to confirm your booking.