This 2-day Professional Product Owner – Advanced (PSPO-A) course focuses on helping experienced practitioners expand their ability to establish a solid vision, validate their hypotheses, and ultimately deliver more value to their stakeholders. The PSPO-A course is intended for Product Owners who are looking to grow their knowledge and abilities. The course goes beyond the topics explored in the Professional Scrum Product Owner (PSPO) class by deepening the attendee’s understanding of the role through the exploration of the many stances of a professional Product Owner.
Professional Scrum Product Owner Advanced (exam included)
Who should attend this course?
This course is designed for Product Owners, Product Managers, and Business Analysts focusing heavily on Product Management skills, tools, techniques, and knowledge as part of their work on the Scrum Team.
Participants should have at least one year of experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager, while multiple years of experience and having attended the Professional Scrum Product Owner course and passing PSPO is preferred, but not mandatory.
Experienced Product Owners will learn different stances a Product Owner takes in order to navigate everyday challenges
- Modern complementary practices will be introduced through discussions, case studies and exercises
- Students will leave with a clear understanding of Agile Product Management as they continue on their Product Owner journey
- Learn about the various types of stakeholders that Product Owners represent and how to best work with them
The Customer Representative
- Focus on understanding customer problems, pains and opportunities
- Get into the mindset of the customer, placing yourself in their world, understanding their needs
- Deliver value by connecting product features to customer outcomes
- Champion the future state, possibilities, goals and chances
- Communicate the product vision, strategy and Product Goal
- Understand value and pricing models
The Decision Maker
- Focus on making better decisions
- Navigate conflicting customer feedback
- Focus on innovation through experiments, hypotheses, tests, learnings, data and validation of value
- Understand the Product Owner’s role in a scaled environment
- Seek collaboration with stakeholders and the Scrum Team
- Work beyond the Scrum Team including contracts, finance, budgeting and governance in an agile way
- Lead the stakeholders, customers and Scrum Team, to move in the right direction and to change their minds, when necessary
- Learn how to create a stakeholder management strategy
All participants completing the Professional Scrum Product Owner – Advanced course will receive a password to attempt the
Professional Scrum Product Owner II (PSPO II) assessment. The industry-recognized PSPO II certification requires a minimum
passing score of 85%. PSPO-A class participants who attempt the PSPO II assessment within 14 days of receiving their free
password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a second attempt at no additional cost.